ExpressCard adapters are handled either by the Linux PCI subsystem as hotplug PCI-Express adapters, or by the USB subsystem (depending on the card).
The SanDisk ExpressCard Adapter Model SDAD0-109 P/N 20-90-03107 (has hopping white rabbit logo against a purple label) is detected as a USB CD-ROM drive in BIOS and can boot every USB supported LIVE CD we've ever tested or as virtual CD for SLAX derivatives. Windows kernels will detect the adapter as removable USB drive. This adapter is compatible with SD, SDHC, Multimedia, MMCPlus, MemoryStickDuo, MemoryStickDuoPro, MemoryStickDuoPro-Hg-Duo. It also works error free with mini-SD cards and their adapters.
Models featuring this technology
with a ExpressCard/54 slot
- W500, W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
- T43, T43p, T60, T60p, T61, T61p, T400, T500
- X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201si, X201 Tablet, X201i Tablet, X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet, X230, X230i, X230s, X230 Tablet, X230i Tablet
- L420, L421, L430, L440, L520, L530, L540
- SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL500, SL500c
- R51e, R52, R60, R61, R61i, R400, R500
- Z60m, Z61m, Z61p
with a ExpressCard/34 slot
- Template:P50, Template:P51, Template:P70, Template:P71
- W510, W520, W530, W540, W541
- T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T420, T420i, T420s, T420si, T430, T430i, T430s, T430si, T510, T510i, T520, T520i, T530, T530i, T540p
- Edge 14", Edge 15"
- L410, L412, L510, L512, Template:L560, Template:L570
- SL410, SL510