Some models have an integrated IrDA transceiver that can be used in one of two modes, SIR (IrDA 1.0 and 1.1) or FIR (IrDA 1.1).
- SIR is limited to serial data rates up to 115.2Kb/s
- FIR is the preferred mode of IrDA 1.1 and operates at a bandwidth of 4 Mbps
A newer VFIR standard exists, which supports speeds up to 16 Mbps. However, no models support this.
See the How to make use of IrDA page.
Models featuring this technology
- 365C, 365CD, 365CS, 365CSD, 365E, 365ED, 365X, 365XD
- 535, 535E, 560
- 755CD, 755CDV, 755CE, 755CSE, 755CV, 755CX, 760C, 760CD, 760E, 760ED, 760EL, 760ELD, 760L, 760LD, 760XD, 760XL, 765D, 765L
- i Series 1720, i Series 1721
- 240, 240X, 240Z
- 380, 380D, 380E, 380ED, 380XD, 380Z, 385D, 385ED, 385XD, 390, 390E, 390X
- 535X, 560E, 560X, 560Z, 570, 570E
- 600, 600E, 600X
- 770, 770E, 770ED, 770X, 770Z
- A20m, A20p, A21e, A21m, A21p, A22e, A22m, A22p, A30, A30p, A31, A31p
- T20, T21, T22, T23, T30, T40, T40p, T41, T41p, T42, T42p, T43, T43p, T60, T60p
- X22, X23, X24, X30, X31, X32, X40, X41, X41 Tablet, X60, X60s, X60 Tablet
- R30, R31, R32, R40, R50, R50p, R51, R52, R60
- Z60t, Z61t, Z60m, Z61m, Z61p